Easiest language to learn after java

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it's possible to write something in pretty much any language, even if you don't know it at all really.

All you need is to keep a command list reference close by. Then just think about what you want to do, and look up the appropriate commands.

e.g. Say I wanted a program that copied files from one folder to another. Without worrying about what language I'll be using, I already know I'll need a copy command, some sort of check command to see if there's any new files to be copied, and probably a delay command.

After that all I need is to look up those commands, google a few examples on how to use them, and boom the program's done.

ha I need to do some reading on programming because I do not even know where to to put in the codes unless its like a batch command or something.

IMO it's possible to write something in pretty much any language, even if you don't know it at all really.

All you need is to keep a command list reference close by. Then just think about what you want to do, and look up the appropriate commands.

e.g. Say I wanted a program that copied files from one folder to another. Without worrying about what language I'll be using, I already know I'll need a copy command, some sort of check command to see if there's any new files to be copied, and probably a delay command.

After that all I need is to look up those commands, google a few examples on how to use them, and boom the program's done.

That works for simple projects but once you get into anything remotely advanced that strategy won't hold.

A game engine designed by myself and 4 student colleagues of mine contains ~47,000 lines of code. If we used the method you suggest we would have ~47,000 lines of useless junk.

There's more to programming than knowing commands and syntax.

That works for simple projects but once you get into anything remotely advanced that strategy won't hold.

A game engine designed by myself and 4 student colleagues of mine contains ~47,000 lines of code. If we used the method you suggest we would have ~47,000 lines of useless junk.

ha well I need to keep it simple. Some advice on where to start would be nice, such as, good reads, and websites.

Yeah, I'd agree there. You'll notice I said 'write something' not 'write everything' :)

But you'd be surprised how well it works. I recently wrote an application for Macs using Cocoa and Xcode, a language and toolset I had never used before. The program kept userlists, encrypted passwords and stored them, logged times and generated time graphs, contacted a remote server for updates on new users/passwords, and alerted users as needed be. Not exactly such a simple app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom