Early GeForce 78000GTX 3DMark05 scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
dec77177-5528-4cbd-b2e1-6c98235133b2.jpg

a5c618f0-6938-4692-a14b-bdcd0ec90e2b.jpg

is it me, or do these scores seem low for such a card? I expected more from this next generation, but then again the drivers have yet to mature, and when they do the performance will be much much better.

Yeah, I've read reports of ATI's X900XT scoring over 10000. Actually, I'm rooting for ATI this round, because it would not be good if there was an Nvidia monopoly.

It does seem kinda low...

It also seems pretty kick-ass, though. Considering that 6800U get 5000s (stock)

Then, on the other hand, the X850XTPE gets 6000s.

I dont know, I think we'll just have to see....

i've also heard that the 7800GTX may not be Nvidia's High-end card because of its low 3DMark score compared to the R520's achievment. 10000+ on a single card is pretty impressive, double that in crossfire.

I'm starting to think Nvidia is just making next-gen cards so they don't lose business. Just make a quick next-gen card, maybe up the clock by like 25mhz, and slap a $500 price tag on it. Nvidia is starting to get careless, ATI all the way for the X900.

It isn't factoring in the CPU tests either, like our demos do. I don't now if that'd make a huge difference, but it might...

Yeah true, depends on how much RAM and what CPU they used as well. I am guessing a 1GHZ with 256MB RAM, that the vid card is gonna be the deciding factor. But a 3.2 with 1GB, that would be a little hard to tell.

How hard is it for nvidia to keep the same CPU and RAM, just test it once with 6800 Ultra, record marks, then put in the 7800, and see the diff.

Counter-Strike said:
I'm starting to think Nvidia is just making next-gen cards so they don't lose business. Just make a quick next-gen card, maybe up the clock by like 25mhz, and slap a $500 price tag on it. Nvidia is starting to get careless, ATI all the way for the X900.

Sounds like it may be a repeat of the FX series for Nvidia, although I don't think anything can be that bad. Their DX9 support was so bad the Radeon 9500 Pro beats the FX5950 Ultra in HL2. Dispite what many think, the FX series only runs HL2 in DX8.1 by default.

However, it wouldn't suprise me if Nvidia suprised us with the 7900GTX at the last minute, because I don't see them just letting themselves be pwned Obi-wan style. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom