Early GeForce 78000GTX 3DMark05 scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counter-Strike said:
I take offense to that bee, I have a 9550, what'cha trying to say? My card is bad?

Its not bad....but its pathetic when it beats the flagship Nvidia card of last generation.

yeah, my budget 9500 Pro can play HL2 at higher IQ, and still get 60+ fps, a GeForce FX can't do that. the Geforce FX's are running in DX8.1 with reduced shaders no AA/AF when it comes to HL2. my 9500 Pro runs it on high, no AA/AF in DX9, with all of the shaders going on full blast.

I am skipping this generation anways, I'll just wait for the 8800GT and get 20,000 in 3dmark05 :D

haha... I'm with you there brother. I'm thinking this card now should last me quite a while. By the time I need to replace it, who knows, maybe I will have skipped TWO generations!

I have no plans to upgrade my PC with one of them as well. As long as it plays the game at OK FPS on OK settings, I have to plans to slightly upgrade my PC with one of them. Maybe if the X900's aer good, I may look into them after christmas.

I think way more X800/X850 users will be upgrading this generation than 6800 GT/Ultra users. 9800, 6600 GT and 6800 vanilla users will probably be upgrading as well. I plan on upgrading because I know for a fact my X800 Pro isn't up for future games like F.E.A.R., S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and Quake 4.

Well the thing is, games now are starting to be more focused on graphics, when it used to be all about your processor and RAM. They are gonna find ways where the minimum reqs will be 6800GT but you can have something like a 2.0 P4, and it will run fine. It needs balance.

This is limiting PC games to techies and PC enthusiasts only. You can no longer go into a store like Best Buy or Office Depot and buy a PC that will run today's games.

beedubaya said:
Yeah, I've read reports of ATI's X900XT scoring over 10000. Actually, I'm rooting for ATI this round, because it would not be good if there was an Nvidia monopoly.

I'm with ya on this one. I would like ATI's response to SLI to be dramatic and well done. It would be nice to see some other video card competitors jump in the ring.

I might go for an X900. I lasted for years on an integrated chip, and thena geforce 2 mx 400, so i can prolly last for awhile on an X850 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom