Earlier than ISA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freechus9

In Runtime
I recently found a Packard Bell monitor in mah basement. It said on the box, NEW COLOR MONITOR! VGA! Funny. Anyways, I saw with it a video card, and it had to be 1 foot long. It didn't look like PCI so I'm guessing it was ISA or earlier. Heh. It had a color/mono switch on it too. I'll try to get a pic of it once I find a camera.

My first PC was an 8mhz 8088 with a whopping 30mb RLL Hard Drive, 640k of ram, and a 4 color CGA video card. Boy was I happy when I got my 2400 baud modem and started playing LORD on the local BBS! Those were the days :)

My first PC which I owned was actually a Pentium 90 with 16 MB RAM and a 1 MB graphics card (can't remember which one - but it did do some nice 2D and video acceleration) - mobo had 3 PCI and 3 ISA slots, and was in AT form factor.

Here's just for comedy value: :D

tandy_5000_mc.jpg

Ahhhhhhh.. the memories...

My first comp ever was a Commadore Amiga 500, 7MHz CPU, 512k of ram... no hard drive as standard, an OS you had to boot from floppy, that is until you upgraded to an 80mb HD...

they don't make them like they used to!!!

hahaha, my first computer was a lovely Tandy!!! And then my next one was an Apple Lase IIE, that thing was sweet :eek:

Cadfael said:
My first comp ever was a Commadore Amiga 500, 7MHz CPU, 512k of ram... no hard drive as standard, an OS you had to boot from floppy, that is until you upgraded to an 80mb HD...
Same here, but mine had two 5 1/4" floppy drives, one for booting and the other for storing.

**hums "Memories"**

Dave :D

I had this one packard bell...it was awesome, i dont even remember the specs. It sometimes ran in color when it felt like it. i remember i had garfield paint shop on these huge floppy discs, and i was so psyched when i got a cd-rom. I thought it was sent from god, but i didnt know how to use it :(

DMo224 said:
Same here, but mine had two 5 1/4" floppy drives, one for booting and the other for storing.

**hums "Memories"**

Dave :D

Phhiffft... bloody show off!!! :p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom