EA Games :- Forum Ban = Game Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Just when their DRM is not enough, EA games is pulling this $#!+.

Blue's News: News Comments
APOC, online community manager for Electronic Arts, outlines a new policy for their new forums, saying users who earn a ban based on their behavior in the forums will be locked out of all of the EA games tied to that account.

Well, its actually going to be a bit nastier for those who get banned.

Your forum account will be directly tied to your Master EA Account, so if we ban you on the forums, you would be banned from the game as well since the login process is the same. And you'd actually be banned from your other EA games as well since its all tied to your account. So if you have SPORE and Red Alert 3 and you get yourself banned on our forums or in-game, well, your SPORE account would be banned to. It's all one in the same, so I strongly reccommend people play nice and act mature.

All in all, we expect people to come on here and abide by our ToS. We hate banning people, it makes our lives a lot tougher, but its what we have to do.

Those banned will stay banned, but like most other internet services, its not that hard to create a new fake e-mail account. However, its a lot harder to get a new serial key =)

I think I found a new reason why I am staying away from EA products.

wtf are they thinking??????

a forum and a game YOU PAY MONEY FOR has nothing to do with each other!!!!

This is saying that i can spend $250 on ea games and if i get banned on there forums all those games
are banned too....$250 down the drain.

Why would you spend $250 on EA's ****?? :p No but thats stupid, I'm going to avoid the forums as I like a selection of their games...

WOW! I think this does it for me! That is definitely going too far. ToS violations or not, they DON'T have the right to ban you from a game you have purchased, unless you clearly violate the EULA. They must love to waste their money on lawyers because I see another lawsuit coming about from this.

EDIT:
They already came out and said they weren't going to do that:

Update: EA won't ban forum trolls from their games
phweeww

"After a flood of complaints the EA community moderator APOC corrects his statement about how banning you from the forums bans you from your game access as well:"That said, the previous statement I made recently (that's being quoted on the blogs) was inaccurate and a mistake on my part. I had a misunderstanding with regards to our new upcoming forums and website and never meant to infer that if we ban or suspend you on the forums, you would be banned in-game as well. This is not correct, my mistake, my bad."
Slashdot | EA Forum Ban Will Now Mean EA Game Ban

Gee... never heard of a mod letting his mouth run a little too free...
whistle9qn.gif

If that actually happened.. they'd lose a heck lot of their customer base

It almost seems as if there's a department or something inside EA that deliberately comes up with this stuff to **** customers off.

Its called the Customer Service department. Sheesh have a little respect Apok, it ain't easy coming up with new innovative ways of ****ing customers off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom