E-readers

how often do you use it

• read more than i would read with paper books

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • use it alot but not as much as paper books

• turned out to be not much usefull

• tried it and sold it, paper books are better.

• screen too small

• not bright enough, hard to read

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said that it was a PDA, and I never said it used an LCD, amoled, or OLED screen. Not sure how you got either or those from my post. He was asking about using the Ipad as an E-reader. Which you can do, and when I say that I simply mean that it can be used to read E-books. The Ipad does use an LCD and I compared it to the E-ink, which I believe is what they call the screen on the Kindle, saying that many people prefer that to the LCD. It is in fact much easier on the eyes and much easier to read in a brightly lit area.

They have Nooks at walmart for $150. If I can get all my college textbooks on ebook (and if they are cheaper) I will be purchasing an ebook for the sheer fact it kills me to carry around sooo many books.

iPad. E-Reader down her in Au are about $300. If I double that money, I get my left the base unit iPad which can do so much more.
Been using my iPad as a reader more than any thing else. One thing is that I an read a lot of different format based on the App I down load.
Eg. PDF, Kendel, CBZ, CBR etc etc etc.

I got the Kendel app as I have found that Kendel is one of the best ways to obtain out of print or hard to get books.

well, use appropriate names then, please,
so you dont confuse people.
because any computer(cellphone,media player,etc)can be an ereader technically. but they are not the same.

thats not what this post is about either:)

please keep the ipad out of this, its not even in a same category
tablet pc and Ereader are not same thing...
and the apps that enable you to read amazon or B&N books do not make your PC an Ereader either, they are simple emulators, and e-reader name is used as a generalization now for advertizing.

only one vote in the poll?

Well, I don't own one yet.. But E-Readers here in the USA range from $100-$200 normally. Ipads are $600-800. So when you already own and iphone.

So my main decision on the e-reader will most def be if my college textbooks are cheaper on it. (Carrying around 6 books sucks..)

well, use appropriate names then, please,
so you dont confuse people.
because any computer(cellphone,media player,etc)can be an ereader technically. but they are not the same.

thats not what this post is about either:)

please keep the ipad out of this, its not even in a same category
tablet pc and Ereader are not same thing...
and the apps that enable you to read amazon or B&N books do not make your PC an Ereader either, they are simple emulators, and e-reader name is used as a generalization now for advertizing.

only one vote in the poll?

I apologize, did not realize my post was confusing and it was never my intent to turn this into an Ipad v. E-reader thread.

If i were to choose it would be the Kindle for the fact you can read it just about anywhere. Unlike other reader or devices which do not operate in direct sunlight properly you can with the newest Kindle.

Plus if you do factor in the cost, an E-Reader can go for around $150 for Wifi and $199 to include 3G. iPads start at $499. You over doulbe the cost of an E-Reader just to get the lowest end model without any goods. For people that want just a device to read ebooks, the iPad is overkill.

so the newer models are then improved screen brightness from the first models? because thats what im worried about mostly.
the eyestrain after reading for long periods of time,

all i need it is to read books i have the HD2 for the wifi and apps and videos and rest of the media. and if i need to do something i do it at home on my desktop.

i dont see a point of having an ipad and i hate when people walk around like zombies on the street plugged into their mobile devices of all sorts.
i wont be surprised when i see people walking around on the street reading news on their ipad...
funny when they bump into eachother and drop whatever they were plugged into. offtopic:)

I am doing a review on my kindle in a week or so, I am planning to do a review after the end of a month using it on a daily basis.

it seems like the e-readers are getting beat by tablet PC very quickly.
without people realizing the difference and intended use, they automatically go in favor of tablet PC.

but i also think that the price is a bit steep for those e readers, if it was under 100 dollars i would definitely own one and retire my bookshelf.

it seems like the development stopped at the first wave, for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom