E-readers

how often do you use it

• read more than i would read with paper books

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • use it alot but not as much as paper books

• turned out to be not much usefull

• tried it and sold it, paper books are better.

• screen too small

• not bright enough, hard to read

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i havent followed the e-reader craze for few months, it seems like it died down like everything else that was new and cool.

are there any improvements in the technology or usefullness?

i was thinking of buying one but after reviewing i chose to wait some more to see if the problems that they had could be worked out.

and i also would like to hear from people that have them so im posting a poll.

I have a kindle 3, love the thing it's light weight and I can carry a large reference library with me anyware I go which is a major bonus.

how is it for drawing the charts and diagrams?
i have lots of service manuals in PDF and other books that have images and graphs/diagrams.

Good very good infact the only files I have on it atm are pdf files and it renders them perfectly.

How about IPads are they any good as E-readers, would have thought that if you were going to invest in an E-reader you may as well buy an IPad.

No, the iPad is a entertainment device. A ebook reader like the kindle is designed to just read books nothing else.

Yes it can be used as a reader but that is not the point, a ebook reader is supposed to be a limited device so you can read pdf and txt files on the move the ipad is just a over sized ipod touch that happens to be able to read ebooks the battery life isnt up to much when you compare the two devices.

How about IPads are they any good as E-readers, would have thought that if you were going to invest in an E-reader you may as well buy an IPad.

You can use an Ipad as an Ereader and it functions fine as one. If you are interested in the extra functionality of the Ipad over something that is strictly an ereader then it might be better deal for you. However it is quite a bit more expensive than ereaders and a lot of people prefer the e ink or whatever it is called over reading on the bright Ipad screen. So if you just want an ereader then the Ipad is probably not the way to go.

nosbusch you dont understand.

the e reader is not a PDA device.
it doesnt use LCD or amoled or OLED

it uses the onochromatic screen that doesnt consume any power except when you switch pages, it is closest thing to paper book.
ipad is just a tablet pc. nothing more than a giant ipod. of course you can read PDFs on your laptop but its not so good for your eyes.
regardless of LCD type it still uses same process of drawing a picture on the screen, it refreshes at certain frequency, while e reader doesnt.

im not sure how they are making the color e readers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom