Dying for an upgrade

Juice1

Fully Optimized
My computer is dying for an upgrade. I'm quite short on cash, I have no bank account and nothing in my wallet besides a MetroCard and my I.D.

Point is, I'm looking for a way to upgrade my computer for dirt cheap. I would just get a new processor, if my motherboard wasn't a socket 754. My case is also falling apart, Motherboard stand-offs have fallen out and the mobo is hanging by one screw. I think what I have in mind is a barebones system as an upgrade. I just need a new case, mobo, and processor, nothing too expensive. I can over-clock, sure it would save the price. I've overclocked my little machine that could, but it's been run down to the ground, and it's ready to be retired from gaming, to basic computing.

I already have plenty of DDR 1 Ram, Hard drives, et cetera. I just need a reccomendation on a cheap motherboard and cpu. Possibly a combo off of newegg? I have a case in mind but I have become dedicated to that case &will not reform for another case. I need someone to reccomend a cheap, reliable motherboard &cpu combo from newegg. Thankyou!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103036

good cpu but am2 requires ddr2 so you might have to give up more money than you want to. great OC potential though you can get it up to 3.0 if your good and if your get a nice enough mobo like the biostar tforce 550 which is another 80$. you can get a gig of ram for 45$ from A-Data which i have running at 1080mhz stable. you would also need a good cpu cooler

Would you be able to go to de endz of dis woorld to save witty Captai... I mean to buy a new CPU?

Back
Top Bottom