DX10 cards

DirectX 9.0 will work on Windows Vista, but if you want to experience the whole shebang, you'll need DirectX 10.

DirectX 10 video cards won't be released until the end of this year or early next year. nVIDIA is trying to get ahead of ATI by launching the G81 core by this year, and ATI will release their R600 core by the end of this year or early next year.

will they be using GDDR4 memory... i heard you can get some crazy clock speed with thatlike in excess of 2GHZ

The stock mem clock of the X1950XTX is the 2Ghz. It can go higher than that.

And for cards to be certified as DX10 cards, they need to be built on a unified shader architecture, much like the GPU in the XBOX360.

YOU CAN RUN A DIRECT X 9 VIDEO CARD ON VISTA. You just won't get certain visual features, no biggy.

Projected estimates put Vista between $80-$110 for the home edition, any more and no one would make the switch, any less then that really microsofts profit margin won't be that great. If you buy a DX 10, use it on XP, then you just won't get the additive features of DX 10. It will still run, you won't get an error.

I would wait off and not get a temporary video card. Think about it, your going to spend at LEAST $80 on a graphics card. And more realistically probably something along the lines of $150. If you save that, and add that to the gfx card budget for your DX 10 card, then you can really get a nice VPU

ok ive already got my mind made up now... i looked at some 7600GT and the only difference between them and a 7900GT is that the 7600 runs a 128bit Memory interface while the 7900 uses a 256 bit... so i think this will be fine... plus im not really hurting for money so if i get one now... then its a little less than $150... use it for about 4 months... and sell it for like $90... only losing about 60 dollars and having the next gen of vid cards... sounds worth the 60 to me

ownage said:
The stock mem clock of the X1950XTX is the 2Ghz. It can go higher than that.

And for cards to be certified as DX10 cards, they need to be built on a unified shader architecture, much like the GPU in the XBOX360.

Samsung has had GDDR4 samples go up to 3.2Ghz.

As for certified DirectX 10, I doubt they'll restrict it to a Unfied Shader Architecture, given nVIDIA's current stance on the technology. Then again, ATI did work with Microsoft for the Xbox 360, so I wouldn't be suprised if Microsoft made a few things in the favor of ATI.

Back
Top Bottom