DX 10 & next gen GPU information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord AnthraX said:
Most Likely.

I dont get why PSU's now have 4 12V rails with like 15 amps, I mean I dunno Id rather have one huge 12V rail with like 60 amps or somthing.

:confused:

I think that the PSU is stablized by distributing the power over several rails as opposed to one massive central rail.

I'm not buying a new PSU. If upgrading my graphics card requires a 1000w PSU, I'm going to be done with PC gaming and just go console.

I would worry about that causing a safety hazard in my pre-civil war house.

sorry guys, i should have specified, its from wikipedia, not the most credible source i know but all that i could find, however i do not doubt there claims, we will all need more powerful psu's in the near future to buy new games, and its just getting ridiculous, 7600gt came out very, very effective per watt, intel conroe came out very, very effective per watt, why can't gpu's?

I dunno, but somehow I doubt the cards will actually use that much power. G71 uses only 80-120W.
the G80 will have 32 pixel pipelines and 16 vertex shaders, and I've heard that they've reducing the die size, and making it more efficient, producing less heat.
lower heat output = less power usage (since more watts in = more watts dissipated as heat)

what about the cards performance?

the R600 is supposed to have 64 pipelines and a 1000MHZ core clock

the G80 is supposed to have 32 pixel pipelines, 16 vertex shaders, and be more efficient.
I heard a rumour somewhere that G80 will be dual core. I don't know how credible that is.

apokalipse said:
I heard a rumour somewhere that G80 will be dual core. I don't know how credible that is.

Well if the news about R600 is true, id rather have one GPU with 64 pixel pipes then two GPUs with 32 pipes.

I will say this: If my 550W psu isn't powerful enough I'm going to be ****** off. But ATI and NVIDIA probably aren't totally insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom