DVI Input not working on motherboard.

throstur

Baseband Member
[With DVI-D connector]

When I connect my monitor to my computer, I just get the standard "No Signal" dialogue box. When I connect my monitor to my old computer, the screen is displayed as normally. The problem is not with the monitor, I have two exact monitors and neither of them will connect to my new computer. All tests were done using the same DVI-D cable. The only possibility left is that the motherboard's output is not outputting through the DVI-D port.

Here are some relevant computer specs:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE SUPER 4 A75M-S2V
Processor: AMD A8-3850 APU With Radeon(tm) HD Graphics - Crossfired with:
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6670 (Display Adapters in Device Manger shows HD 6650D and HD 6670 but I don't really know what that means to be honest)
8GB of really good ram
Win7 64x

The machine that it WORKED with was winXP with some K9N Neo motherboard or something.

Any help on getting the monitor to be displayed would be greatly appreciated! The VGA port works but is already being used by my secondary monitor.

Your motherboard's video ports only work one at a time. You'll need to connect to one or the other, but you can't do both. This is a limitation of how Llano does video output.

That's what I thought at first, but connecting just the DVI and removing the VGA cable didn't change anything. In any case, how can I bypass this problem?

Check the manual for your board. I haven't played with this extensively yet, though we do have a couple of Llano's at work, so if I have a chance, I'll see if I can find out as well.

I took the tower and two monitors to the place that sold me the equipment, after a long while of testing and checking stuff out they still hadn't figured out what was wrong. The monitors are fine on other towers, the cables were all fine and the motherboard was able to give some DVI output to other monitors. There seems to be some sort of inconsistency between this particular kind of monitor and the motherboard's drivers. The monitors are of type Acer P223W.

Back
Top Bottom