dvd to cd

caliheat

Beta member
hey guys how are u?!?
i have a problem, i have a program that a professor a school gave us, i do run this program on my pc...the problem is i have a lot top that dont have dvd player only cd....i really need to run this program on my laptop. i dont need license...this is a program created by my professor and he gave us permission to make copies of the dvd...he told me that i could make an image from the dvd and then burn it to cds..the problem = i dont have idea of how to do this.
i have roxio and nero...how can i do this?!?
thanks for ur time and cooperation

Caliheat

First of all, Welcome to Computer Forums!
gentleman.gif

What I would do is that you use a PC eqquipped with a DVD burner. It burns/reads both CD/DVDs. Next, what you would do is to copy all files to the hard drive, in a seperate folder (example:To copy). Next, you insert a blank CD in it and then you burn all the files.

Another method would be copy CD, but I have not experienced a DVD copy to CD, but I think it would work.

well, is the program that is on the dvd larger than 700 mb? if it is, then you wont be able to fit it onto a cd.

I think that is the professor says he can burn it to a CD, that is out of the question, assuming if he's right.

Oh and...a portable computer is called a laptop, not a lot top
wink2.gif

Another thing, which will be quicker, and will save a precious CD, is to open the DVD on your computer, put all the files into a folder, share the folder over the network, get on your laptop, and install it that way..

joxley1990 said:
Another thing, which will be quicker, and will save a precious CD, is to open the DVD on your computer, put all the files into a folder, share the folder over the network, get on your laptop, and install it that way..
Yeah, but does he have a router?

Dont need one! Direct straight through cable connection.

And, dont come back with, "Does the computer, as well as the laptop have an ethernet port" - haha!

:p

And how do you know, they, are a "he"..muhuhhahh!

That much I think we all agree to have one..lolz

Anyways, actually, I don't know how he proceeds. Let's wait until he comes back. He could come with a bit more updating for us.

I don't think I follow you, but if you said you pwned me...conngrats, but don't expect me to bow down. Hey, when should we get a CS:S game?

Back
Top Bottom