dvd sd 608

dmh76

Beta member
got a problem with my dvd , samsung sd 608, after startup it's visible in my computer and it reads dvd'd and cd's, i tried to cope some files over from the dvd to my desktop, suddenly it stops working and it's not visible in my computer anymore..
any ideas?
daniel

Viruses (particularly control trojans) is my guess. Or, check your drivers and update them ASAP. Update drivers first, then check out for viruses. Check for a virus ASAP before it does any further damage.

its done

hi thanks for your reply, but i found a solution on another page, this could be helpful for other users with same problem here it goes:

The uninstaller should normally be all you need, but if it is not uninstalling, then to manually uninstall Alcohol:

1) Start -> Run and type Regedit
1a) Find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{E9F81423-211E-46B6-9AE0-38568BC5CF6F}", then delete that.
1b) Find "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\32418F9EE1126B64A90E8365B85CFCF6", then delete that.

2) Go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager
2a) Find the "SCSI and RAID Controllers" section and delete the xmasscsi device driver.
2b) Find "System Devices" and delete Plug And Play BIOS Extension.

3) Run "Regedit" again and browse to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services" and find the xmasbus and xmascsi keys and delete them.
3a) If necessary remove the corresponding files from C:\Windows\System32\Drivers (or C:\WinNT for Windows 2000).

it worked well for me

Back
Top Bottom