DVD+RW suddenly gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

synth7

In Runtime
All of a sudden, Windows cannot see my Sony DVD+RW DW-D22A drive.

I tried to reinstall the latest nForce4 drivers (which included a driver for it, I assumed), but it doesn't let Windows see it. My BIOS can see the name of the drive just fine, but My Computer doesn't show it. What else should I try?

Edit: Just realized I meant to post in the Hardware Troubleshooting forum and posted here by accident :(

Also: My Device Manager can see it, but it can't find any drivers for it and it didn't come with drivers.

have you tried reconnecting its cables? or maybe replacing them?

It might be that the power cord is loose, or the ide cable is loose or defected.

Check those out before start checking drivers..

-Jo.

Hey guys, sorry to bump a thread but I have this same problem. I've checked the power cables but they are all working. I've heard that it might possibly be my IDE panel but I'm not going to lie, I have no idea what that's about. Any help would be appreciated.

maybe its you're "IDE Cabel"??? If its the panel then possibly they mean the male part [which is on you're dvd drive] that is messed up and if thats true you're dvd is ruined, but I think you just got it wrong and they ment IDE Cable.

-Jo

Well if the pins are bent, they could be alligned again. Ive done that many times with older pcs i was refurbishing.
But if there stragiht broken off. Then yeah, your screwed.

It could be the connection to. Like dust build up, cables not secured tightly, like there loose on the pins. Or that the drive isn't recieving enough power to function properly. Power supplies can only juice so much.

As for the power supply, I don't think it's that because if it was, I wouldn't be able to open it and eject it would I? And as for the cable or pins suggestions, I have no experience with this facet of computer hardware, what would I be looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom