DVD Rom Drive AND Cd Rom Drive missing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BZ72

Beta member
Hi, I just got new a computer, and the CD Rom Drive and DVD Rom drive worked fine for a few days... and then all of a sudden their icons disappeared from My Computer. I noticed this after inserting in a cd and noticed that it didn't run, and went in My Computer and low and behold, they weren't there. I initially though that Daemon tools might be conflicting with it somehow, and uninstalled it, but that didn't work. Then I went to Microsoft's support site and used their tactics of regedit work,and that didn't work as well. I went into Device Manager as well, and the devices seem fine, although it only lists my CDRom Drive, not my DVD. I'm totally out of ideas after relentlessly searching google for a case like mine, but nothing matches. Any help anyone?:(
System Specs:
Intel Dual Core 4M Cache 3.01 Ghz processor
1GB DDR2 667mhz ram
Asus P5LD2 Motherboard
eVGA 6600GT 256mb vid card
QJ5132D MDP634M SCSI CdRom Device
LG DVD Writer 16x, that's all i kno about my dvd drive

Have you tried Reconnecting them and possible using another Cable. Blowing out both ends of the connection, On the Optical Drives and On the Motherboard.

Do the Drives Still work? As in do they Open and close. Lol

take a screen shot of Device manager for us.
And click the + Signs next to the Drives If they appear there.
If you can't take a screen shot or Do not know how to post it, then describe what if any Icon is over the Drives, such as a yellow circle with an Exclaimantion point or a Red X.

Thats interesting, do you have a SCSI Card, because according to your Device Manager, both Drives are SCSI and Not ATAPI.

If you do indeed have SCSI Card, then have you tried updating the firmware/driver for it?

I have no idea if I have a SCSI card or not... I did check under device manager/SCSI and RAID Controllers, and I had SCSI/RAID Host Controller and a ITE IT8211 ATA/ATAPI Controller...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom