dvd rom cant be detected

ericf19931

Daemon Poster
my dvd rom cant be detected when my cd burner is connected. when my burner is not connected, then it gets detected. any ideas on why this is happening?

Check to make sure one is set as master and the other slave(if you have them connected to the same cable) If they are and it still doesn't work, if you have another cable use it and see if it works.

Sounds like jumpers..make sure the primary drive, has the jumper in the master position, and make sure the secondary drive, has the jumper set in the slave position. Sounds like they are both on master or slave, or on cable select or something..

joxley1990 said:
Sounds like jumpers..make sure the primary drive, has the jumper in the master position, and make sure the secondary drive, has the jumper set in the slave position. Sounds like they are both on master or slave, or on cable select or something..
i put them onto cable select is that ok?

I have always had better luck setting the jumpers.They both should have a jumper on them already.Just look at the diagram on both they will tell you where to set them.One on Master one on Slave.

DTM 13 said:
I have always had better luck setting the jumpers.They both should have a jumper on them already.Just look at the diagram on both they will tell you where to set them.One on Master one on Slave.
i tried it and it doesnt work any ideas?

ok try this: click start / right click my computer and highlight manage, and hit enter / once there, click on devise manager , where it say's dvd/cd rom drives..

open the tree to it, and it will display your cr rom/dvd drives / now, right click the drive your having trouble with and un-install it. / that's it / now just reboot.

when your computer re-loads it will automatically detect the drive and install the driver's to it. once it does that, shut down and reboot again. now you should be all set to go.

~mr mixx~ said:
ok try this: click start / right click my computer and highlight manage, and hit enter / once there, click on devise manager , where it say's dvd/cd rom drives..

open the tree to it, and it will display your cr rom/dvd drives / now, right click the drive your having trouble with and un-install it. / that's it / now just reboot.

when your computer re-loads it will automatically detect the drive and install the driver's to it. once it does that, shut down and reboot again. now you should be all set to go.
the drive that cant be detected isnt there though

All i can think of is ya cable is the old 40 wire type and ya got it the wrong way, but going off ya specs im guessing ya got keyed cables, if it is a 40 wire cable then make sure the red edge is at pin 1 (markings are on the drive). Other than that maybe ya power supply cant handle the load from an extra drive. Have ya tried another cable aswell, and double check ya jumpers.

Back
Top Bottom