DVD Drive not working?

k0409964

In Runtime
I have a QSI-SDW-082 on my laptop, and the DVD burner (QSI-SDW-082) does not seem to be working properly, it says it is doing fine, until about 99.7% and then just stops, the DVD drive then will not let me eject the disk even when i have closed nero so i have to restart the system. When i take out the DVD it has only burned about a 6mm line and then stoped!! it has done this to about 10 dvds. i have tryed using different brands of dvd etc and different programs to burn.

also does this have anything to with this, if i try and use the built in XP dvd burner and i right click and send a file to the DVD dive it says windows has encountered an error!!

However it will burn CDs fine!!

please help me i need to back up all my stuff before i go back to uni!!

thanks

G35x

Golden Master
Try and uninstall the drive from device manager, then reinstall, and then burn it...

k0409964

In Runtime
That has not helped, i think windows might not know it is a DVD drive, when there is not disk in there it says it is a DVD RW drive, but then when i put a recordable dvd in it says it is just a cd drive, also when it installed the new drivers after uninstalling the drive from the device manager it says found new hardware, and calls it is correct name "QSI-SDW-082" then calls it a cd-drive!?!?!?!?!