DVD Decoders & 5.1 Support....HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaazmar

Baseband Member
Ok, so I have NVidia's Nforce3 Chipset with the built in APU. I have 5.1 support and 5.1 speakers. I just realized my NVDVD 2.0 DVD Decoder that came with my NVidia stuff is the OEM version, of course, and only supports 2-channel/stereo DVD audio. The "full version" supports 5.1, but nowhere can I find what it costs to upgrade and they actually have the nerve to ask for your credit card info and everything before telling you ANYTHING about cost...

What I'm asking is, how can a guy get some 5.1 support for watching DVDs with Windows Media Player? Is there a legit, free way to go about it? Do I have to buy something? I mean, is it really this confusing/complicated, or am I missing a really simple solution?

Thanks, Kaaz

you should have 4 line of code to enter, like i did. these codes work in the credit card part on the nvidia pure video decoder (nv dvd upgraded version).

Distributor - EVGA
Product Type - MCEDVD
Product Code - xxxx-xxxxxxx
Activation Key - XXXX-XXXX-xxxxx-xxx

just enter them in order

yeah im not sure what you mean. i have nvdvd 2.0 that came with my software. it won't do 5.1. I have to click UPGRADE after opening the program and it opens up a screen that asks for my name, address, credit card info, etc. Then a button at the bottom that says Submit. They don't say how much it costs or anything. There's nowhere to eneter an activation key.

Re:

Hello,

Use AC3 Filter, free to download here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/AC3_Filter.htm

I use it to decode and manipulate multichannel audio when I watch DVDs, to the way I want my audio to be outputted through my 5.1 speaker system.

Make sure you download and install version AC3Filter 1.01a RC5.

172-md.jpg

It is capable of decoding PCM, AC3, DTS, MPEG 1, MPEG 2, MPEG 3, and PES (DVD) audio, whether mono, stereo or multichannel.

Any audio which utilizes DirectSound will be filtered and decoded through AC3 Filter, and will be manipulated depending on what settings you specify. This includes Windows Media Player, and audio sources from, for example, Movie DVDs, MP3 files and WAV files.

It has many advanced features which allows you to manipulate audio the way you want, including adjusting the matrix of channel outputs to speakers, adjusting channel volume levels, bass redirecting and stereo to multichannel expansion.

Once installed, you can access the offline settings in the start menu under AC3 Filter...

...Alternatively, you can access the AC3 Filter settings by opening up Windows Media Player, going to Tools > Options > Click DVD Tab > Clicking Advanced Button at the bottom, and AC3 Filter Settings will appear.

Thanks a lot. I just got it and I'm gonna toy around with it. Appreciate the help. Kaaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom