DVD CD's

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello

I am looking to buy DVD cd's so can burn my movies from my comp. Now I am not sure what to get, what is the diff between the DVD-RW & DVD +RW “-“and “+” is my concern. Like maybe u guyz can give me cop advises on what kind DVD CD's would be best for me to get.

Thanks.

+ doesnt really work on a lot of the dvd players, get -...Dvd-r is the best, atleast for me and a ton of other people it is...I havent had one problem with dvd-r, + only works on some dvd players, so stick the -r..

Thanks man, but im still curious what foes it mean tho :) and i forgat to mension that i have a LightScribe cd rom. so i schould of asked what LightScribe blank dvd cd's out there?

thanks

Actually, DVD+R is OK, but it somtimes depends on what you are using. My DVD player can't play some DVD+R but can read Kodak ones.

Lighstcribe DVDs are plain DVDs without text on it. It will be in the same DVD-R +R state.

LightScribe discs are basically normal DVD's and CD's with the normal data side and text side. Usually companies put their logos and all that stuff, but with Lightscribe it's blank. If you have a LightScribe drive, when you're done burning the data, you can flip the disc over and if you've created a disc cover, it'll "burn" it to the disc. Basically it's custom covers for your discs.

LightScribe is pretty expensive in both disc and drive, so expect to shell out a bit of money. The cover burn time takes a little long too, approximately 20 min. give or take. Oh, and it burns in black and white. HP is trying to develop a Color LightScribe, but so far you'll have to deal with black and white.

If you just want normal CD's and DVD's, just get those instead. Unless you have a LightScribe drive and like burning covers, it's not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom