DVD burning problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooltgle

Baseband Member
I am new here to this forum but I have a dilemma with my new laptop and trying to successfully rip and burn dvd's.

Here it goes, I used dvd_decrypter to successfully rip my dvd to my hard drive. After this I used dvdshrink to shrink the file and burn it with nero 6 which i have installed.

The problem: Every time I put the DVD into my actual dvd player i get blockiness, artifacts, and it freezes up

What am i doing wrong?

most of the time that happens, you have bad media. try a different brand

if you dvd burner is an operite, then that is your problem

bad media as in the burner or the burning software. i doubt nero is the problem

What is an operite btw?

tooltgle said:
bad media as in the burner or the burning software. i doubt nero is the problem

What is an operite btw?

bad media = the disc you are using.
optorite = bullship dvd burner manufacturer. their burners might work

Nah the media im using is Fugifilm DVD-R 8x

I had a thought idk i dont know too much about this but should i record it maybe at 4x? Idk maybe i shouldnt put it to the max just let it burn slower and steadier idk if thatll have anything to do with it

Aslso, would you suggest another media instead of Fugifilm? maybe TDK or something?

tooltgle said:
Nah the media im using is Fugifilm DVD-R 8x

I had a thought idk i dont know too much about this but should i record it maybe at 4x? Idk maybe i shouldnt put it to the max just let it burn slower and steadier idk if thatll have anything to do with it

Aslso, would you suggest another media instead of Fugifilm? maybe TDK or something?

when I say bad media, I mean media your burner won't accept, not generic discs. not all burners burn all dvd brands of disc, however when the manufacturer finds this out, he will make a firmware upgrade so it will accept that media.

try to find different media like tdk and verbatim (the most compatible media) or go to your dvd burner website to check for a firmware upgrade

EricB i really do appreciate all the help
Just one more question about this, do you think that if i recorded it at 4x speed instead of pushing the max 8 it maybe wouldnt be as rushed or something and would record better? idk i am pretty noob to all of this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom