DVD Burning Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Prime Mover

Beta member
I've got an iBook G4 with a DVD reading/writing superdrive and I've had it since early April. As a recent Mac convert, I've been very happy with my baby :)

I've been using my DVD burner fairly regularly (reading and writing, CDs and DVDs). About a week ago, I saw this error while trying to backup my mp3s onto DVD (with Toast 6 Titanium):

Sense Key = HARDWARE ERROR
Sense Code = 0x03, 0x01
Since then, I've been able to burn CDs without difficulty but repeated attempts to back up my mp3s failed with the same error, and a video DVD I attempted to burn completed with an unspecified error; the last thirty minutes or so of the hour-long video didn't play.

Before I plug up any loopholes in my warranty and give Apple a call, is there anything other than hardware failure that could be responsible for this problem, perhaps a way I can try to fix it myself without the inconvenience of shipping it back to Apple?

Thanks!

One Prime Mover

Beta member
Just for the benefit of anyone searching these forums for the error I mentioned above, I managed to solve my problem: I was burning at too high a speed. If you spot this error (or your DVDs don't burn properly), reduce your burning speed and see if it goes away. Maybe that's obvious to you, but it wasn't to at least one person browsing these forums :)

Status
Not open for further replies.