dvd burner disappeared

crazyman143

Fully Optimized
my dvd burner suddenly isn't there. I havn't made any changes to my comp. no programs will regonize it, and it's in the My Computer folder, but it doesn't recognize when i put any disks in.

Yeah; check the Company Website, download the drivers, and install them (most of the time it'll be in an instalable file). That should sort it out.

i don't think that it's drivers, cause it was working yesterday. i didn't even turn off my computer since then.

simply go in device manager go to the drive uninstall it and reinstall it and voila.. that should work happened to me also did that and it was back to normal.

crazyman143 said:
i don't think that it's drivers, cause it was working yesterday. i didn't even turn off my computer since then.
Windows version always helps.
Does the drive letter appear in My Computer ?
What does sysdm have to say [device manager] ? Use refresh.
What are you trying to use it for ?
Do a restart,see post on this.

i figured out what the problem was... this is kind of embarassing, but i discovered that all that was wrong was the cord came loose in the back of the burner.:rolleyes:

Haha! Why didn't we think of checking around the back for loose wires? Going to have to add that into any explanation now just in case!

Nice to know its working at least.

Back
Top Bottom