DV4t-1400, Screen is flickering green, with pinkish horizontal lines.

dndg31

Beta member
As the title says, I purchased this product in 2009 and my warranty is over. I really need this for school

From the research I have done, it seems as if the design of the laptop causes these problems.
I have also read that replacing the LCD Cable, may fix the problem?
It's currently hooked up to an external monitor

I've read of people getting their dv4 serviced to have the LCD replaced, but only for the problem to show up again later

I am really frustrated, I am a college student, and thinking I made a great purchase, now to have something I cant even take to the library

Anyone experience this, or has done the replacement?
Does green flickering indicate anything? (Loose Wire?)

Does pink horizontal lines indicate anything? (LCD Bad?)

It could be the cable. Does the screen flicker all the time or just when you move the screen/laptop ?

If it constantly flickers and presents lines then yes it could be a faulty screen that may need replacing. Are the lines in the same place each time you turn the computer on ?

Finally and the most unfortunate is that your laptop has overheated too many times and the GPU chip on the motherboard which controls the graphics output has slightly come away from the board (due to constant heating and cooling).

I know HP had major problems with overheating a while back especially with the DV9's.

If the chip is coming away or damaged in any way the only thing you can do is to get a new motherboard but to be honest you may as well just get a new laptop at this point.

Overall i think that the screen itself could be at fault here as you seem to be getting an output on your external monitor.

Tell me, does the laptop get hot at all ?

ya its most likely a bad LCD, I really pissed off about this, I didn't do enough research when purchasing this for school.

The computer still works, and I don't have a desktop computer

If I wanted to turn this into a sleek looking type of desktop are there pre-made cases that I can put the laptop motherboard in? Or is that something I would have to build.

Watching some videos on youtube, (DIY Desktop Computer from Laptop Motherboard and aluminum case. - YouTube)
Pretty cool

Any Ideas?

If i was you i would get a new LCD display, they are so easy to fit, just type your make and model of laptop into ebay followed by screen and then find the correct size to your one now and buy it. fitting it is simple. Look on youtube for these tutorial videos :)

Back
Top Bottom