Dust...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of what they say at Qi is true about dust coming from other things as well, like pets, carpet, furniture, dirt from outside from having windows open. But a lot of dust does come from dead human skin. People lose 30,000-40,000 skin cells every minute. Some people who have skin conditions or dandruff it's going to be obviously more. Multiply all those dead skin cells by how many people live with you and multiply it by hours, days, weeks. It adds up and so does the dust.

Dust does come from dead skin, but, it's the individual cells, not clumps of skin, but dust is also composed of several million other possible things.

Dust can also be the faeces of dust mites and the million other microscopic animals living in your home. Vacuum more and use a feather duster on your walls, ceilings ect. The intelligent way would be to use an electromagnet to attract the dust to a large surface then you can clean that surface regularly you will cause a large reduction of dust, you will need the dust in air suspension though so good airflow through your house.

^ do feather dusters actually work? i've never used one because it seems like all they do is just throw dust back into the air to settle elsewhere.

Dust can also be the faeces of dust mites and the million other microscopic animals living in your home. Vacuum more and use a feather duster on your walls, ceilings ect. The intelligent way would be to use an electromagnet to attract the dust to a large surface then you can clean that surface regularly you will cause a large reduction of dust, you will need the dust in air suspension though so good airflow through your house.

Hmmmm, I did not know dust was magnetic...? lol

Dust has an electrical charge, that is why bathrooms are generally free of dust compared to other areas of the house, running water usually has a charge to it, and when taking a shower, the dust is attracted to the water due to the charge, and with a lot of bathrooms, if you take a really hot shower in a cold room, it causes the air to circulate, fast.

BTW, I love my fan and AC air filter, traps sooooooo much dust/cig smoke, though, the filter is $40 initially -.-.

As corrosive said dust has an electric charge hence why rubbing a picture frame with a cloth can attract more dust to the surface as you charge it with static electricity.

Feather dusters work if you have another collection medium to catch the dust that is diverted and if you clean your feather duster regularly so that it has space for collecting dust. Not very efficient but combined with something else like ioniser, air filters ect they can work well.

Might have to look into the air ioniser thing. I just cleaned off my PC desk today and it's amazing how much dust collects in such a short amount of time. I took the filter off the fan spot on the bottom of my cm690 (there is no fan in that spot, just put a filter there to cover it) and there was still a ton of dust on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom