Dust Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
when i have COD4 running in the background, msn on, wmp running my CPU temp hits 59 degrees (everything at stock)

there is a fin layer of dust behind th efan on my zalman cpns9500, would this be cuasing the heat problem? I know its always good to get rid of dust but is it really worth the hassle?

Dust can be a problem especially in critical areas like the heatsink. I'd definitely clean it out and see if it helps. Dust can also accumulate on fan blades which can reduce the airflow of the fan. It may be easy to blow it out, but sometimes you have to use a brush or Q-tip to remove the dust. Especially in intake fans (if you have a fan blowing into the case, especially at ground level, such as my HP does), you will have to clean them often because dust coming in from outside often builds up quickly on intake fans.

You can use a vaccuum. Just unplug everything and use a soft bristle brush on the end. Combine that with a can of compressed air, and you can get it pretty clean.

best bet is to take everything out and clean it individually, dust is notorious for hiding in spots that you can not see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom