Duplication query

This is a feature of windows 10. Windows detects that those drives are "removable" and so they're persistently displayed in the navigation pane in any explorer window. If you contract the "this PC" section, you'll still see those drives displayed at the bottom. Some users may not think to look in "this PC" to find USB devices. This is a feature to make it easier for them.

This is by design. More about it here. There's also a tweak to disable it but it requires a registry change.

This is a feature of windows 10. Windows detects that those drives are "removable" and so they're persistently displayed in the navigation pane in any explorer window. If you contract the "this PC" section, you'll still see those drives displayed at the bottom. Some users may not think to look in "this PC" to find USB devices. This is a feature to make it easier for them.

This is by design. More about it here. There's also a tweak to disable it but it requires a registry change.

Ha ha, so it's not me or something that I have done wrong. That's good to know. Thank you so much crazyman143.
I will leave things as they are then. I might just get brave one day and do the tweak but I'll leave well alone for the time being. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom