Dual Video Card Help

I would also check to make sure BIOS sees both cards there. It should say something in BIOS if you have an SLI motherboard. I have had absolutely no expierence with SLI before, so bear with me if I make a mistake when suggesting something.

I definitiely have an SLI motherboard. It seems like its recognizing both but it isnt in SLI mode. I dont understand.

Maybe a manual might help you out? Try looking in your motherboard manual to see hwo to enable it. Maybe it's liek the Pentium 4 Hyper-Threading thing, where you have to go into BIOS and actually tell it to enable. Might want to try and look into that.

Also, if you don't have your motherboard manual, just go to your manufacture's website and download it. :)

You should be able to use any manufactured video cards as long as they are based on the same chipsets, hence the dual 7800GT.

Maybe he needs to reinstall the nForce drivers (provided with the motherboard), then reboot the system. Uninstall any old Nvidia graphics drivers from the system and reboot the computer. Install the latest Nvidia graphics drivers (provided with the add-in cards or from the SLIZone Downloads Page on the Nvidia website). Reboot the system. Have you tried that yet?

We've already mentioned getting NEW DRIVERS. It allows mixed vendor support for NVIDIA SLI:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.98.html

It's the ForceWare Release 80, Version: 81.98

Back
Top Bottom