dual monitoring.

sniperviper21

Golden Master
Ok, so

when i am playing a game on my monitor or TV, my other monitor/tv is not in use and just shows the desktop, i was wandering.

If it is possible to play 2 games at the same time on one PC onto 2 different screens?

I have tried this, i have tried to run L4D on my TV and let someone play it using a wired controller, while i tried to play GW on my other screen, but the PC will only play one game at a time, because the one that is being played is active, and the one that is not being played, like...'freezes' and shows no motion or anyting, like its just a picture, but the other game works just fine.

is there a way to let both games be playable at the same time?

Can you run the games in windows? (i.e. in windowed mode, not windows as in the OS!) If they're windowed rather than full screen I would've thought you'd have much more of a chance at success (though performance will obviously drop with you playing two things at once). At a guess I'd say the drivers aren't designed to run two things in full screen mode at different times, and this might well be a design decision rather than an oversight.

GW can run in windowed for sure, but i dont know if L4D can

and i know my PC could handle both at least at medium settings... if not high.
\

nm they both run in windowed mode, just one game looks normal, and the other is just black with peices of the game showing...

gayness :*(

It's because it is not set to run in the background. Most games aren't. If they are not "active" then they pause or freeze up. This is by design as well. Also the computer won't know to make the controller to work for the other game and the mouse/keyboard to work for yours. It tries to use them both on the active game.

Back
Top Bottom