Dual monitor possibilities and problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitro

Solid State Member
Alright. I'll start off by saying that my PC is a cheap peice of junk. It has an onboard TNT2 Aladdin 32mb card and NO open AGP slot. I bought a GeForce4 MX 440 64mb PCI model yesterday and I am pleased at how it beats the crap out of my other card.

Now that I have two monitor ports in my computer the thought crossed my mind to run dual monitors. Problem is, the TNT2 is disabled. I get a message that says:

Windows cannot initialize the built-in graphics adapter. Shut down your computer, remove all graphics adapters, then restart your computer. Shut down your computer again, reinsert all graphics adapters, the restart your computer.

fun, huh? I can't see how that would really help me. Has anyone dealt with a similar problem? Is it even possible running windows 98SE?

BTW, my settings has changed to this after I installed my new card. on the back of the card there is only 1 monitor output, aswell as a s-video output.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 16
Is there an option in you BIOS as to which Display adapter to initialize first? If so, you should be able to set PCI graphics adapter to initialize first, the re-enable the onboard card in the BIOS.

hmmm

I was able to run dual only if I had my onbaord card primary. thats a real problem for me, so much so that it seems not even worth running dual. oh well. I'll just try and find a real cheap PCI gfx card somewhere.

If u have a DVI port in your GeForce 4 MX, try getting a DVI->VGA adapter and then do dual monitors.

hmmm....

no, but I DO have a s-video out port though. I know they make s-video to RCA adapters, but do they make s-video to VGA adapters?

I dont think so, but they do make s-video to VGA.

Never heard of s video to vga, but I cant see how its not possible to have a s-video -> VGA.

h4x0r said:
I dont think so, but they do make s-video to VGA.

Never heard of s video to vga, but I cant see how its not possible to have a s-video -> VGA.

Is it just me or do you all feel like someone just tied you to a chair and spun you around for a few hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom