Dual Core Lag???

Memphis`

In Runtime
Im getting alot of lag in games like Couterstrike with my new set-up (sig).
Ive read that it could be the dual core because other people are getting the same problems. Does anyone know how i can fix this?

Counter-Strike... 1.6? could you POSSIBLY think of a worse way to waste such powerful hardware?

anyway, go make sure you have the dual core update for windows. After that, start up counter-strike, minimize, bring up the task manager, right click hl.exe, set affinity to 1.

For some reason, Half-Life1 based games get freaked out by the presense of two cores.

Setting the affinity to 1 will force that game to only use one core, this has always resolved the issue for me. (my friend has a 3800+ X2)

MikeReiner said:
Counter-Strike... 1.6? could you POSSIBLY think of a worse way to waste such powerful hardware?

No i dont have 1.6, i usually play source. If i had 1.6 though i reckon i would play it.

Ill try out setting the affinity, will it not overload one core though? my cpu runs pretty hot as it is, would doing this make it run hotter?

Not even close, you have a great processor, and it wouldent even come close to over loading it.

Well I've tried setting the affinity and that didnt work, getting loads of lag while playing source, however playing WoW is fine, get brilliant frame rates.
Anyone know of a patch that will fix the problem?

Have you gotten the windows dual core hotfix? check it out... there are several places where you can get it... try microsoft.com and search for "Dual Core Patch"

Back
Top Bottom