dual channel ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster00

Daemon Poster
hey whats up. I just got 512MB of dual channel ram. So right now the total ram i have is 1536 or somthing... (around the 1500's) The dual channel ram makes a BIG difference. I play star wars galaxies and it loads/Xes out a lot quicker. I think if your motherboard has the slots for dual channel ram, you should get it.

Your not running dual channel:p

If you have 1.5 gb of RAM it can't be dual channel:confused: You can only run 2 DIMMs in DC and they have to be exactly the same:confused:

no no i mean, i have slots of regular, and 2 slots of DC. So i got 2 sticks of 512 of regular and 2 sticks of 256 of DC.

OK, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the assumption that you couldn't only Dual Channel if you only had 2 DIMMs in the proper slots, and if you occupy the other slots it won't run Dual Channel:confused:

idk know, but my friend was saying was better to have say 2 sticks of 256 than one of 512, is this true? is that what dual channeling is? and can an memory use it?

You are right and wrong. All depends on the MOBO. For instance, I have 4 slots and can run 4 sticks in dual channel (2 x 2) as long as each 2 slots have the same specs. I can't run 1 pair in dual and have only one stick in the other, that would not work. In other words, i either have to use 2 identical sticks or 4 but not 3. Not sure about the ASUS though.

well.. i have 1 kingston pc 2700, 512MB, 1 (forgot brand) thats 512 thats 2100, and then i got my dual channels that is 2x 256 pc 3200 kingston. So.... i mean it works so.

Right now, all your RAM is working at 2100 and it is slowing you down some. Run it with only your 2 X 256 3200 in dual channel and you should see an improvement even if you don't have as much memory. Do some benchmark and let us know your scores.
your 2 512 sticks are not running in dual channel. They have to be same specs and speed for it to work.

I have the same brand dual channel and same speed. Just that my brand and speed is different on my regular ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom