dual booting with dual HDDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
does this work properly? i have made partitions on my 2nd HDD, and am now waiting on my ubuntu 6.06 CDs.

wont ubuntu install GRUB at the start of the HDD it is installed on? and will it detect windows properly on the 1st HDD?

i have done single drive dual booting before, so am familiar with all that, i just dont know about this dual HDD nonsense, and how linux handles it.

thanks people. :)

Josh,

your fine man, Grub will detect everything fine and it will still detect windows fine on the 1st HDD, and GRUB will give you the option of booting Windows or Linux no worries there.

Good job installing Windows on a seperate HDD man, it saves a lot of messing around

Jake

ubuntu will put GRUB on the FIRST HD, not the second, other than that your correct

GRUB will over ride the windows bootloader and make both work with the choice presented at boot time

oh, cool! easy as doing it with one HDD then. goooood :)

the next challenge is getting wireless drivers on. i think i will try that "ndiswrapper" thing

horndude said:
ubuntu will put GRUB on the FIRST HD, not the second, other than that your correct

Make sure you have your XP disc on hand just in case you ever want to reset the master boot record on your main XP drive.

Also, make sure you have your Ubuntu disc on hand, in case you want to remove Windows and reconfigure grub on your main Ubuntu drive. :cool: :cool:

The General said:
Also, make sure you have your Ubuntu disc on hand, in case you want to remove Windows and reconfigure grub on your main Ubuntu drive. :cool: :cool:

lol, no, i dont think so.

i am having problems with Xorg and ATi drivers. It wont load. There seems to be alot about this on the ubuntu wiki...

the defualt ubuntu one. Xorg wont start.

it isnt easy to get the driver ati provides onto ubuntu, as it is an rpm package...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom