Dual Boot Windows 7 with XP/Vista in Three Easy Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDeCarlo

Beta member
Now that Microsoft's latest operating system, Windows 7 (beta) is publicly available, almost everyone is itching to get their grubby paws on a copy and take it for a test drive.

However, because this is only a beta release most people simply aren't willing to part with their established installations of Windows Vista or XP. With that mind, we're going to look at one easy way of dual booting Windows 7 Beta with either Vista or XP in three painless steps...

Read more: Dual Boot Windows 7 with XP/Vista in three easy steps - TechSpot

It's really easy, doesn't need explanation, Windows 7 has a bootloader that automatically detects XP or Vista and allows dual-boot. I have XP and Win7 on my desktop, though I haven't used XP in like 2 months and that was only because I installed both 2 months ago. Win7 beta is really a solid OS already, hopefully will be much better than Vista's release.

It does not (or at least did not) provide a utility with a GUI for partitioning your HDD, hence the guide mostly discussing that.

:) Just because something was easy for you does not mean that others wouldn't have questions regarding the general process.

Awesome,

I just installed some days ago quad boot ;) Win XP pro x86 - win Vista x86 - Win Vista x64 and Win 7 x64..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom