driving lessson

22ndwoot

hhe goodluck

btw someone told me to speak to myself and tell myself what sign and what traffic is ahead, he said it really improves and helps

French roads FTW, I know overconfidence is a killer, but I expect to pass my test with flying colours. It's so quiet out here that I learnt to drive at the age of about 11.

i speak to myself alot.. lol.. but its not normally about thats ahead..

and trust me.. driving a stick through heavy traffic isnt fun, yes it is slightly more fun when you open the taps down country roads.. then you realise how much you spent to do that, and think is it really worth all that money..... saying that, i could never be without a car now ive had one for nearly 3 years.. i just cant afford to run the thing.. lol..

What really gets me about young people driving is when they own their own cars.

Young people own cars, bitch and moan about the running costs, insurance, price of fuel, tax, servicing, MOT (because young people usually buy second-hand cars) and bleat on about how they can't afford it or, if they can, they're pouring every last penny into running the thing.

When asked "Why do you need the car?", "Do you really need the car?", "Are you sure you really need the car?", 99.9% of the time they can't justify owning the thing and can't argue their case for actually needing it despite the fact it's a rope around their neck, plus they get endlessly arsey if you dare suggest it. They won't see sense and selling the thing to ease their finances at a young age before they can properly afford it on a decent salary is totally out of the question, apparently. Every person my age who owns a car lives in some kind of city with good public transportation, so these people are idiots and I'll happily say that even though they're my friends because, to be honest, I think they know it deep down as well. Most people my age I know can only afford a piece of embarrassing crap anyway; I'm insured on my dad's Saab and even though it's not mine it's an infinite amount classier, better looking, better to drive and more powerful than the crap my friends buy for themselves.

My dad earns a high-end five figure salary (not far off six figures) and he finds motoring extremely expensive, but young students and teenagers earn nothing close to that so how the hell are they coping? Get insurance on a parent's car if you really must drive, but for God's sake don't put every last, precious penny you have into running a second-hand rustbucket if you're growing up as a teenager when you could just as easily save your money for savings. Would you rather have a car and no money, or no car and the money to get a proper place to live when you graduate? I know what I've decided. I'm not buying a car of any description until I've been working full-time for at least two years after graduation. Contrary to popular belief, yes you can live without a car and I've done it all the time I've been at University with no problems whatsoever.

End sidenote, sorry for the long spiel but it's one topic which really pisses me off. Good luck in your driving test freestyler, I honestly think it's the most nerve-wracking thing I ever did and it took me two attempts on the practical :eek:

Driving in the UK is a load of balls. Apart from Milton Keynes, very few places are geared for the amount of modern traffic and the cost of motoring here is quite frankly despicable.

Back
Top Bottom