drivers

mlgntlg

Solid State Member
are there any recommend driver download programs that can scan and update my drivers for a reasonable price or free?

matt

You should not have to pay to get drivers.
Go to the web site of your hardware maker.

I have downloaded all the possible drivers from gateways site but for some reason they are working. I have tried talking to gateway and they told me I have tried to sell me a new computer or one rep told me he could sell me a drivers restore disk for 150+. This computer is an 03 and isn't even worth that.

Go to the manufacturers website of each of your components and download the latest drivers for them.

What is not working BTW? Maybe we can help you with that.

I need the video card and sound drive I have downloaded them from gateways webpage and gone the the cabs file to try to install them but for some reason it isn't working and they are not getting installed.

I would personally try Driver Max, yet I use Driver Genius for all of my driver updates.

Some of the other great things it can do is excellent driver uninstallation and fantastic driver backup capabilities. Whenever I do a clean OS install, I can just put all of my avaiable drivers into a self-extracting file made by Driver Genius.

In this particular case, what OS are you using?

Back
Top Bottom