drivers

gizmo084

Solid State Member
i have this intel celeron - 433mhz, running windows 98, i have the following problem getting drivers for the hardware that's in there, unfortunetly the card's have no fcc-id on it or any name to identify for what i must look for.

*need drivers for the following cards
-Pci communication device-
-Pci ethernet controller-fc-10p connection
-Pci multimedia audio device-fc-26p connection

this is basicly the only stuff a have, i've tried hardware identifier programs but it doesn't look like it is working non of it want to run on win98 either it says can't find certain file or its not win32 compatible

Hmm, the PCI communication device to me would stop PCI cards or some of them from runnning, though you must be running some. Doens't it find them automatically or from winows update at all?

The PCI Ethernet controller will be a driver fro a ethernet modem that might be plugged into your computer at the back (do you use it?) or because the first driver, the PCI communications device isn' working, neither are the other PCI devices.

This will be the same with your sound card, the mulitmedia audio device. So you don't get sound either?

Hmm... could you by any chance give me your motherboard make and model number?

if you don't know it, its printed usually on the motherboard if you can open your pc up, and it lists it at bootup after shutting down sometimes. To slow this process down so you can see it for a bit longer, hit the pause/break button on the keyboard which was used in old dos days to slow something down. Then you might have to hit it again to get it going at normal speed.

I hope this helps

Thanx for the reply kage, but unfortunetly before i received this reply, i fixed the problem already.this pc doesnt have pci slots like normal pc have, this have plug ins almost like the ide without the casing. the card in there, well i thought i had to get drivers for the cards but there werent anything written on there, but than i realized that i must actually look for motherboard drivers cause it is plug ins-normally when you take the cards out it won't found hardware problems-but if you put it back again-the pc will find new hardware, well i took it out-and it still had the same problem-but anycase the motherboard only had his name on the side almost like an serial nr..thanx again for the help, just sorry its a bit late, but i realy realy appreciate it with the bottom of my heart that you replied to my message..thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom