Driver problems

The Dark

BSOD
Hi all. I have a problem with my computer ...it seems to be loath to let me install drivers. It started with my network card whenever i reboot my network card seems to be screwed up and I can't access the network or internet.It has an exclamation mark next to it in device manager. If i try uninstalling it and reinstalling it I get an error message saying that the install failed. Yet if I uninstall it then reboot it installs fine upon reboot. Problem is that i have to do this every time i reboot or else the card screws up and i get this exclamation mark in device manager. The card works fine without any problem at all until next reboot. I have tried 2 cards and 1 is brand new so not a problem with the cards. Also my mouse driver for my logitech mx 1000 mouse doesnt install properly...when i open up the control panel for my mouse settings it won't let me map the buttons. My logitech G15 keyboard...a similar thing. My soundcard driver also doesnt load properly. I have tried the latest drivers from the manyfacturers site. I have tried drivers from windows update site also...everytime i try to install one from there it fails. The only driver that seems to have installed fine is for my Radeon graphics card.It is driving me crazy having to uninstall and reinstall a damn network card upon rebooting. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
Gigabyte Motherboard
1gig Ram
Windows Vista
120Gig Seagate hard drive
80Gig Western Digital Hard drive
Radeon 9550 Video card
Intel Pentium 4 3.0gig processor

Windows update will be failing as your not able to acsess the internet/network. Also it could be with windows Vista, have you got both an XP disk and Vista disk? If so back up your files and then install XP, if the drivers are fine its probbly a Vista compatability issue which is what I think it could possibly be, or either dodgie drivers, which doesnt seem to be the problem as youve already got them from the site so I think it could possibly be Vista thats causeing you problems.

Windows update will be failing as your not able to acsess the internet/network.
No I can get on the internet after uninstalling the card then rebooting..once it is installed it works fine..it will run for days weeks whatever..Until I reboot then it won't work and i have to reinstall the network card all over again.

Also it could be with windows Vista, have you got both an XP disk and Vista disk? If so back up your files and then install XP, if the drivers are fine its probbly a Vista compatability issue which is what I think it could possibly be,
they are Vista drivers. the thing i dont understand is that it works fine ..perfect once installed..it's just after reboot it gets all screwed up.

have you tryed reinstalling vista? im not that too familiar with it but possibly something could be corrupt?

Hmm sounds abit strange :p could the RAM or HDD be possibly fooked if it keeps screwing up the drivers on reboot?

all my other drivers are now working fine just the network card playing up...if it is RAM dunno why it would be selective with the network card

is it AGP or PCI? If PCI have you tryed it in a different slot? If AGP have you tryed a PCI card in one of the PCI slots to maybe determine a fault with the slot? - unlikly but will rule the possibility out.

Back
Top Bottom