driver issues

chops133

Beta member
Hi there people, My good ole mother recently gave me her Thinkpad laptop, its a lenovo T410 if that makes any sense, problem im having is it has no drivers for its network adapter, ethernet controller, PCI serial Port or PCI simple communications controller. Wow what a mouthfull!! sorry to say (and you have probably already guessed) i am not computer savvy!!! Can play a good game though!! So here is the issue i am faced with! how on earth do i get these drivers if i cannot get onto the net to download them??? I do not know the name of the devices as it does not say!! I have asked dear old mum who has informed me that she had some old cd's but she in her wisdom threw them out thinking she didnt need them!! So my genius computer friends!! Any help you could bestow upon my poor old sould would be very much appreciated!!

on a side note, i do have a desktop pc with a wireless router, i do have a ethernet cable attached that i can plug into the laptop, tried that, nothing really new happened that i could work out!! Thouth that was a point that might be relevant!!!

Thank you!!:angel:

Last edited:
You could download all the drivers for that particular model laptop (you'll have to find the model number on the laptop itself somewhere) from lenovo's website using your desktop PC, copy them onto a usb flash drive, and then connect the flash drive to the laptop and install the drivers from there.

You could download all the drivers for that particular model laptop (you'll have to find the model number on the laptop itself somewhere) from lenovo's website using your desktop PC, copy them onto a usb flash drive, and then connect the flash drive to the laptop and install the drivers from there.

:thumb::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom