Driver info

iffy

In Runtime
I have lost the cd with my sound card, video and other drivers. Is there anyway of finding these drivers on the internet? Is there a site on the internet that can read my devices and find the drivers for it?

Typically you can find drivers at component manufacturer websites. For example if your pc is an HP, you can look up your model at hp.com. Or if you built your pc, you can look for your device drivers at individual manufacturer websites like asus.com, intel.com, msi.com ... etc.

Think is, it's a custom build and I never built it. So what do I do now?

Go to device manager and view the hardware.

That might be difficult if there's a big ol' yellow question mark next to the device and a generic name like "multimedia device" or the ever famous "Unknown Device".

If that is truly the case, then you have 2 options.

1. You can try updating device driver automatically via device manager. This may have been what was JJCG's intent, but wasn't clearly stated.

2. If updating driver via device manager fails, then you will need to open the case and look at the sound card, video card ... etc for manufacturer brands and model numbers. If everything is on board, look for the motherboard manufacturer brand and model number. Once you have these, go to the manufacturers respective websites and search for specific drivers and download.

There is also software like "PC wizard" from cpuid.com which will tell you what hardware you have. After that, just visit the manufacturers site and download the driver.

Back
Top Bottom