DOS menu without choice

quinzds

Beta member
Dear members,

I'm having a hard time creating a DOS menu in Windows Xp environment

Any possibility someone could make me a batch file to show me how it's supposed to look like?

Say I would have to make some menu for back up files

saying 1 = back up 2 = shutdown

If i press 1 it should direct a second menu giving me a choice of day: Monday to Friday, then choosing one of those should direct to the command of making a backup of by example C:/my documents and place it in D:/backup/<the day chosen>
Also it has to create a log in D:/backup/log

After the backup the system should shutdown

I've searched everywhere but most menu's are so complicated for me to understand for which i find on the internet...

Biggest thanks ahead!

Quinzds

i would do this in ntbackup instead. it has ways to schedule the backups.

ntbackup has a command line utility too. if you can figure out the syntax you could prolly craft specific commands. the batch file would send arguments that get added into the ntbackup command.

I believe the OP is looking for more generic help regarding batch menus and just used selecting different backups as an example of what he wanted to do.

You could use some 3rd party app that might make menus easier to do but if you want a pure DOS batch solution you need to use the ERRORLEVEL command. Here's a link to a tutorial about how to do DOS menus using ERRORLEVEL. How to Make DOS Batch File Menus

Back
Top Bottom