Does PSU matter?

tamelochi

Baseband Member
im trying to make a good fast gaming computer and i want to know how much my psu matters. can i spend 50 and be good? i wont game everyday but when i do it will be for an hour or 2.. help! (oh and what are good ones for good prices!!?)

you wanna make sure you get a ddecent psu... you have top make sure you have enough power to power everything in your computer. dont skimp on it because if you buy a cheap one and it isnt powerufl enough then you will have to spend even more money on a new one and you will have spent more money than if you would ahve just bought a powerful one in the first place.

The PSU can make a break a system. It is VERY wise to invest in a nice PSU, or else your $1200 worth of PC parts could be fried

PSU means power supply unit.. So what it does is get power to everything.. so you want to make sure you get the right amount to power throught your pc

The PSU, I think like one of the most important parts in your computer, so invest in a good one!

Look for a good make:

Tagan
Enermax
Antec
Seasonic

The Seasonic 600W and 500W are the best around, but you do pay a premium. Try and pick up a 500W Seasonic - that will run pretty much anything you throw at it.

Don´t go entirely cheap on it. Do your math find out how much wattage you need. I always like to toss a extra 50 or 60 on my needed wattage. And a good 50 dollar PSU should do you in. 100+ IMHO for a PC that costs anything less then 2000 is a complete waste.

ArrizX said:
Both great, only the amout of power is different.

Great

Not-so-Great

With PSU's if you see a deal too good to be true - it is. Excluding clearence and sales items.
lol I reviewed that forton off google. Liked look at the reviews and its undervolt alittle, IE 12V 11.97V. Nothing to be worried about but I belive that the other fortons 450W,400,350W,300W are really stable

Back
Top Bottom