Does My Laptop Have AGP?

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I recently did a format & reinstall of windows on my laptop, when I was looking around on the start menu I came accross "Compaq - Set Up Your Software" so I opened it and this came up on the list:

AGP.jpg

It says something about an AGP BUS. Does this mean I have an AGP socket inside my laptop. I might open my laptop up fully some time to have a look (can't at the moment as I don't have the right screwdriver - its one of those safety screws). My laptop currently has a Radeon IGP 340M - which is intergrated so this leads me to believe that I don't have AGP. Also what do laptop AGP sockets look like anyway, I'm sure there not like the PC ones. Thanks for any replies.

Laptop Model: Compaq Presario 1500

heh, it might support AGP, but the socket wont be the same as in a PC. i think that the AGP in your laptop is more of a type of interface, meaning it uses the same technology but a different form factor.

Thanks for the reply. So does this mean I have a change of upgrading away from the horrible graphics I have at the moment?

i dont want to get your hopes up so im going to say no.

laptop graphics are normally (AFAIK) either very hard to get too, very very hard to find an upgrade for or soldered directly to the motherboard. Then again, you could always drop an email to the tech support and ask them :)

looks like a networking card or something to me, then again, it could be the GPU

can you get a better picture, so that it would be possible to read the writting/label on it?

OK this is strange....I scrolled down the list (shown in the pic above) and it had Drivers for an ATI RS200M AGP, but my laptop has ATI Radeon IGP 340M, does this mean I have two GPU's for some reason? One AGP and one IGP (intergrated).

EDIT: Don't worry I think they have something to do with each other - they are not separate.

IGP = Intergrated Graphics Processor - its basically the on board GPU, with the ATI RS200M, the only thing i can think of is that other models of the laptop have that card, but the drivers for it are still in the bundle of drivers the laptop comes with :)

Back
Top Bottom