Does anyone know how to restore audio in windows xp

more info needed. im guessing you re formatted and have no sound drivers. so id google about :)

Yes I have all of my sound drivers. My little cousin was messing with my sound in the control panel and now I want to restore the audio back. I want to set it back to my default settings.

Try going into device manager and uninstall your audio there. After a reboot, if you have drivers installed, XP will find new hardware and reinstall for you.

After looking at your previous posts, especially the ones about music software and reinstalling Windows, I would suggest that maybe you are not sure what you're doing. It sounds like your comp is all jagged up.
Either try another XP reinstall or take it to a computer shop.

I figure if your little cousin went into your control panel and screwed around with it to change your sound settings, you should be able to go into your control panel and screw with your sound settings. I don't see what he could have possibly done. Why don't you explain to us what is wrong with your sound, or why you need it set up differently? No missing drivers? How are your codecs?

Back
Top Bottom