Does a 5-6" tall 8x8" mini-itx case exist?

Never heard of them, but that brick looks like what I have on my laptop. Gonna browse that site cause it looks like they have some goodies I might want.

Yea, that's one of the cards I had mentioned. Look at the maximum power consumption green bar. 173w, right in the ball park I had said. Either use a 750ti or wait for the Gigabyte 970 mITX card for lower power usage.

If I said gtx 650, then I was just throwing something out there. I came here looking for case suggestions. If my build needs to be dissected first, then let's say I'm using the 650 Ti boost with a low wattage intel quad core. Factor in the mobo, ssd, accessories, and USB devices... 200 watts is entirely feasible. Some things may need to be sacrificed, but it's possible. I'll handle the details :) I just need to first make sure a premade case is possible.

Last edited:
Some ideas can be linked off of some of the links to PSUs here. A 650ti Boost takes more wattage than the 750ti. I've been explicitly telling you this stuff because this little bricks will show their peak, not continuous wattage. I'm telling you this because I don't want to see you blow up your PSU, or worse your machine due to piecing the wrong things together. The case is easy, it's that brick idea you want to do. You have to go with something like the 750ti OR a 970 when it comes out because those are the most powerful low wattage cards on the market due to their architecture. A 66w 750ti and a 50w i5 4440 is perfectly feasible on the 192w brick on the 160w power interface Joe linked. A 100w+ card plus a 50-60w i5 isn't for continuous gaming with demanding games.

Have you taken a look at those cases that can be mounted to the VESA mount on monitors? Those are pretty small. You could also try modding a console case. Your options are pretty high if you modify or use a premade brick setup. Just keep your component watt usage in check.

you should get that 192w brick from Amazon. The Mini-Box.com web store has some pathetic reseller ratings and you should avoid buying anything from there
http://www.amazon.com/short-circuit-com-Switching-Adapter-barrel-connector/dp/B00AELHI7S

The M350 case is close to the size but it's only 2.5" in height, I don't think an ITX video card will work with that case

There's a large selection of HTPC cases that you should be able to use for the size your looking for plus it has enough room to install an ITX power supply @ 350w

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom