Do you use Linux Live CD's?

I do myself. I have used Slax, Knoppix, and I once tried Phlak on my computer for kicks but it didn't boot correctly.

:D

pcmxkeith said:
is a live cd where the linux OS boots from a cd?

Most of the time it is, but Gentoo decided to call their installation disk a LiveCD. Confused the eff out of me. I dl Gentoo's LiveCD ISO thinking it was a bootable OS and found out it was an installation disk.

I have used knoppix and phlak. The only time I use them is if I need some kernel file or I need to access unaccessible files from an NTFS partition.

i run my linux routers on live cds, and i find that knoppix works great when i'm on someone elses windows computer. not a big fan of windows and all its "features".

Don't bother downloading suse live cd. i love suse, but their live cd is slow, and i have a pretty fast computer.

live cds are cool but they usually don't come with all the programs i need. does anyone know of a facility that would let me make my own custom cd?

Tulsileaf said:
live cds are cool but they usually don't come with all the programs i need. does anyone know of a facility that would let me make my own custom cd?

No but i believe you can make your customizations and then burn the live cd again. "D

Back
Top Bottom