Do you think these are decent speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like good speakers for the price, more watts than any other in that price range. watts isn't everything tho. The only reason I would hesitate is that its not a well known brand name. I would look at 2.1 speakers from either logitech or creative. try this one, its slightly less power but the sound quality is probably better.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121123

Watts doesnt mean *(%$ all expisally since everyone is faking it nowadays in the non pro market.

They have perfect reviews, enough to make me get them ;)

psh you dont need a 5.1 sound card to have surround sound. I have a laptop and 5.1 speakers. I just use 2 Y headphone splitters that i got for 2 bucks at radioshack and yeah it does work.

you can have 2.1 'surround', but it doesn't work as well as 5.1 surround.
you're fine for using 5.1 speakers, I would get some Logitech's, as all the Codegen stuff I've used is of low quality

ok... a 5.1 speaker setup does not mean 5.1 speakers (.1 being the sub) it means 5.1 audio channels (subs only take one tenth of a full channel). NewCents you do not have 5.1 sound you have 2.1, the y splitters are making the rear speakers use the same channel as the front one. therefore you do need a 5.1 sound card for 5.1 sound. ok im done. not tryin to make a flame post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom