Do you think that computer viruses are still an issue?

I work in a small IT workshop who have a few business contracts but are largely aimed at individuals. On average, probably 3-4 PCs a day come in spyware'd up to the point that they barely even boot. These programs often overflow into safemode and regardless of how many times you get rid of them, they keep coming back because they've already gotten into restore points and backups, and made copies of themselves.

Obviously this means a wipe-and-load situation, and since most of the PCs we get run XP and don't have a OEM sticker on them anymore, and we can't get XP volume licenses cheap enough, Windows 7 has to go on. So, a Windows 7 license + labor charges because of malware.

i think it's still an issue lol.

Il'd say no, only because I actually know how to protect my computer, unlike a large % of computer owners.

Last year, I don't know how but a botnet got on my computer, and because of my firewall I was monitoring everything it was doing, and it kept trying to open connections to one I.P and the firewall kept on blocking it every time, and by looking at the time patterns it looked like it wasn't connecting automatically, it looked like the "bot master" kept on manually trying to make my computer connect to his.

I looked up his I.P and reported it to his ISP, but I am not sure if anything happened.

Il'd say no, only because I actually know how to protect my computer, unlike a large % of computer owners.

Last year, I don't know how but a botnet got on my computer, and because of my firewall I was monitoring everything it was doing, and it kept trying to open connections to one I.P and the firewall kept on blocking it every time, and by looking at the time patterns it looked like it wasn't connecting automatically, it looked like the "bot master" kept on manually trying to make my computer connect to his.

I looked up his I.P and reported it to his ISP, but I am not sure if anything happened.

I had a similar situation years ago. I installed a program that turned the tables on anyone who tried to mess with my computer mess up their computer instead. Whoever the joker was vowed vengeance (never heard from him again).

Back
Top Bottom