Do YOU Like vista?

In another thread a few people were discussing Windows vista,so as to not hijack that thread,i though i'd make a poll.

My laptop was purchased with about 6 months ago,it had vista home premium.Plus i installed it on my new rig.

Overall,Vista on my laptop was good,but after about 4 months,vista started going REAL Slow.I Update all drivers,Defrag,CCleaner - You name it,i did it.Yet it was STILL Slow,so i reformatted it to XP.

I Installed Vista on my new rig,and it ran TERRIBLY Slow even though i had the latest drivers,so i installed XP.Although i build my parents PC about 1 year ago,and vista runs great on it.

All in all,Vista is OK for the average user and if you have the right hardware,but i still prefer XP.

Post up your experience about Vista but please ONLY Vote and post if you have used Vista for a minimum of one week on a rig that can actually run it properly.

Vista's been pretty quick for the four machines I have it installed on. Two 64-bit and two 32-bit. It runs slow on our other computer because it has a ancient 40GB drive on it and my dad wanted Vista on it.

I've not tried Vista on my computer (Allthough I have a license for it, along with XP). I am using W7 ATM, and I like that.

The talk of it being buggy is on the most part completely unfounded. It's a decent OS, i still prefer XP but Vista has it's disadvantages, at the end of the day every OS sucks but vista itself as a piece of software, not bad at all.

I'm using Vista and I think it's just fine. Games run just as well as they did in XP and they look way better in DX10.

I like Vista, it runs just fine on my laptop, although it did seem to slow down a tiny bit. I haven't had many problems with it yet.

its pretty stable, i just don't like how it takes up close to 17-19 gigs of space

it makes restore points that are like 3 gigs large

it runs a crap load of unecessary processes

UAC is stupid, so i turned it off. I just get an annoying popup warning my UAC has been turned off every time.

Areo is cool and I have the resources to handle it, but i could understand why many people would hate it

there is way too much crap in vista

need to strip out
windows defender
windows mail
windows movie maker
windows live messenger download
sidebar
and whole lotta other crap

needs to stop downloading all this unecessary security updates

basically.....i need something more lightweight but does the same crap

it makes restore points that are like 3 gigs large
I shut mine off so no worries there.

it runs a crap load of unecessary processes
Truthfully, Vista is running way less processes then my previous XP install

UAC is stupid, so i turned it off. I just get an annoying popup warning my UAC has been turned off every time.
Yea, UAC is a real PITA.

needs to stop downloading all this unecessary security updates
No such thing as an "unnecessary" security update.

basically.....i need something more lightweight but does the same crap
Windows 7

Back
Top Bottom