Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's GameCrap

• Ya for little kids

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I meant a normal DVD player, I was just saying that it has better dvd playback than the ps2. That panasonic version is only comming out in japan I think :(

Okay, some things to clarify: 1: Colors too bright? WTF are you talking about? The games determine the colors shown in-game, not the system. I suggest that before you mistakenly fault any other systems you turn the brightness on your t.v. down a notch. :p 2: The PS2 dropped it's price to $199 BEFORE X-Box, and why would you not buy a system merely because it's dropping its price to compete (i'm looking in your direction, Bubba Aikon2)? 3: As always (and previously stated), the graphics are not determined by the system, but by the games on the system. The system can have all the graphics capability in the world and still put out crap graphics. Don't fault any of these next-gen systems for their graphics, they all have very well-to-do capabilities. Fault the developers if you're not satisfied. /// Okay, that's about it, except that I would hardly say the PS2 dvd playback is "just terrible". It has the same decoder that's in your panasonic and every other dvd player out there. The software is what you're probably complaining about, unless you're using dirty DVDs, which won't play well in any DVD player.

Okay, that's about it, except that I would hardly say the PS2 dvd playback is "just terrible". It has the same decoder that's in your panasonic and every other dvd player out there. The software is what you're probably complaining about, unless you're using dirty DVDs, which won't play well in any DVD player. [/B]

No, I also have a ps2 and from comparing, the ps2 dvd playback is terrible. People buy it because it has DVD, so what? I also agree with what you said about the gfx quality being in the games and not the actual hardware. I dislike the way everyone says a console is better because of it's 'Graphics' I first things I look for in a game is playability, replay value. Take wolfenstein 3-D for example. The ignorant of gamers, will just laugh and say, it's crap because the graphics suck, they don't even relise that it was good in it's day. Now by today's standards, yes the graphics are dated, but the gameplay is far from out of date. I still play it to this day, and I still get more fun out of it than most modern games which are boring and unoriginal [most of the time] A true gamer should be able to appreciate uniqueness or gameplay, rather than just graphics.

Right-O, except I still don't understand the dvd gripe since dvds are not analog and therefore will not put out a differing picture unless they are fed information at an inadequate speed, which could result in garbled pixels onscreen. Otherwise, I was originally thinking you were talking about the DVD playing software itself, and it's basic nature (no zoom, etc)

Gamecube is a great system, and i'm sure it'll carry on the prestigious Nintendo quality we know & love :D

No offence, but xbox is a sinking ship. If not for PS2 lending it titles like MGS2 Substance and the like, it would surely be no more. It has a few quality titles, but the rest... well...
Bill Gates should stick to computers.

I think x-box has alot of potential, but not for MS. hehe, people have alread found ways of modding it to play burned games, got a copy of linux running on it, changed out the hard drive, and all sorts of other great stuff.

The_Red_Mage said:
No offence, but xbox is a sinking ship. If not for PS2 lending it titles like MGS2 Substance and the like, it would surely be no more. It has a few quality titles, but the rest... well...
Bill Gates should stick to computers.
I agree, all the big titles are on the PS and the PS2
and they always will be. I think running Linux on a M$ X-box
machine dosent sound too fun, and finally i think Nintendo
Gamecube needs to start looking at more adult titles.
Until then, GO PS2! :D

I like the Cube

VeritasAequitas said:
Our Demo Model of it just came into work today and i will say it looks good but the same problem with the nintendo 64 is still with the Gamecube. THE COLOURS ARE TO BRIGHT! Bright Greens,blues, yellows and reds... i can see a lot of people having fits from playing it too long. bright colours mess with your brain and screw you over

I assume your talking about the colors with playing, if that is the case. Turn the TV's brightness level down or change the tint. Never had any problem with brightness, except on Eternal Darkness when it wasn't bright enough and I couldn't see anything.

JARED592 said:
Okay, some things to clarify: 1: Colors too bright? WTF are you talking about? The games determine the colors shown in-game, not the system. I suggest that before you mistakenly fault any other systems you turn the brightness on your t.v. down a notch. :p 2: The PS2 dropped it's price to $199 BEFORE X-Box, and why would you not buy a system merely because it's dropping its price to compete (i'm looking in your direction, Bubba Aikon2)? 3: As always (and previously stated), the graphics are not determined by the system, but by the games on the system. The system can have all the graphics capability in the world and still put out crap graphics. Don't fault any of these next-gen systems for their graphics, they all have very well-to-do capabilities. Fault the developers if you're not satisfied. /// Okay, that's about it, except that I would hardly say the PS2 dvd playback is "just terrible". It has the same decoder that's in your panasonic and every other dvd player out there. The software is what you're probably complaining about, unless you're using dirty DVDs, which won't play well in any DVD player.

You are ssoo right dude!
Nothing left to say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom