Do system utilites cause more problems than they solve?

Elmo1

Baseband Member
Hi,
I use (along with millions of others) c cleaner.I also have used others in the past .

A friend was told to use Norton by someone yrs ago and he has spent £££`s

Do we need to use ultilites and or optimisers should we pay or use freebies

Which do you use ?

Cheers Elmo :dance:

CCleaner is a nice utility. You do have to be careful with some of them, especially those "optimizers" that you see advertised on TV.

I use CCleaner another cleaner that uses Windows own recourses is >

1. Click your start button on your desktop (bottom left)

2. In search type cmd , this will bring up your jump list and you will see the black cmd Icon right click on it and in the drop down menu click (run as administrator)

3. In the black cmd (command prompt) window type cleanmgr/sagerun:1 and press Enter/Return on your Keyboard, the cleaning process will run.

4. After the process has run (a matter of seconds) in the cmd window type exit and press Enter/Return, the cmd window will close and your system has been cleaned.

I just started using ccleaner. Have not used it enough to comment, although I have talked with many PC and network techs and they all say it is great! I have and do use Malwarebytes (the free version). It has been very good. Used it last night and found gremlins. My McAfee did not catch them. The one downside to anything free is it comes with other stuff that you really do not want. That can be annoying. I just either uncheck the extras or remove them afterwards. I have just started using Revo for uninstalls because it seems Windows does not always get everything.

Hey WildCat, what all does the cleanmgr / sagerun:1 actually do? I ask because I am a student going for my degree in networking and am like a sponge right now.

Back
Top Bottom